Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Wednesday 5 November 2008

First Book

My DH went up into our loft the other day, looking for the box of – wait for it – outdoor Christmas lights! Who needs to be reminded that it’s galloping up on us with the speed of a scared rabbit?

Actually, it’s not such a bad idea. He always puts them up before the weather has turned really cold. Wise man. Then we have a grand switch-on nearer the time. He usually gets a famous romantic novelist to do it! (His words not mine)

But – this is what I really wanted to tell you – he came down with a box labelled:

MANUSCRIPT OF FIRST BOOK EVER WRITTEN

It’s 35 years old and still here after three house moves. It is the one rejected by HM&B (and Robert Hale) and the box is now sitting in my study looking at me, daring me to open it – and to actually read it!

I will, one day, I promise. And I’ll let you know what I think of it.

Meantime back to the current WIP which is proving very non-co-operative.