Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Wednesday 19 September 2007

It's a record

I've read my book through after a few day's break, made a few more alterations, and finally it's gone to my editor. Can you believe it's taken me seven and a half months to write this book? It has to be a record. My shortest ever was six weeks, my average is three months. I had problems all the way along and nearly gave it up and started something new. I always send the first few chapters to my editor to read before I carry on with the rest of the book. In this case the first five chapters had to be re-written as she had issues with them, then I sent off three re-written chapters and there were still problems. So I addressd those and carried on writing the rest of the book. Admittedly I have had a couple of holidays in the middle of it! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed now that she will like it.


We're off tomorrow to see the Terracotta Army. I'll let you know what it's like.