Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Revisions and Reviews

The revisions are finished and are now with my editor. Molly’s name has been changed to Rhianne and I feel happier with this. So all I have to do now is sit back and wait. I’m feeling quietly confident but you never know…

Meanwhile The Billionaire’s Blackmail Bargain is now on the bookshelves in the UK – or it should be! My local W.H.Smith still has the August books on their shelves. I was going to have a word with them – which I have done in the past as they’re always notoriously slow – but then I thought, if August is having a few extra days shelf life then perhaps the September releases will as well. So for the moment I’m saying nothing. I’ll simply keep my eye on them.

Julie B. from Cataromance has written a wonderful review about this book and I’m so thrilled that I’m copying it here:

Review: The Billionaire’s Blackmail Bargain by Margaret Mayo
Cade Dupont has never forgiven Simone Maxwell for cheating him out of his inheritance and he vowed to one day get revenge on the woman who had stolen his heart and then crushed it under her designer stiletto heel. And the day that he has been waiting for has finally arrived…

Simone Maxwell used to have the world at her feet: she was rich, beautiful, intelligent and the darling of the Australian social scene. But with her father gambling and drinking away what little money the family have left, her mother in a nursing home and the family business in ruins, Simone’s life is in constant chaos. However, Simone is no pushover and she’s determined to keep on fighting to ensure that the family business rises like a phoenix out of the ashes and triumphs once again. Unfortunately for Simone, nobody seems willing to take a chance on the business and invest some much needed capital into the family firm - until Cade Dupont comes back into her life with a shocking proposition which she is in no position to refuse: he’ll invest in the business only if she agrees to be his mistress!

Cade was Simone’s first love and the only man she’s ever allowed to get close to her. She’s never managed to forget the steamy summer they spent together - nor has she forgotten his devastating betrayal when he accused her of being the one who had swindled him out of his legacy. Time might have passed since the two met, but the flame of desire still sizzles between them and when Cade informs Simone that the only way she can save her company is by sleeping with him, she accepts, very much aware of the fact that she’s still attracted to this ruthless man who is holding her future in the palm of his hand!

In his bed, Simone realizes that she’s still passionately in love with Cade and the more time she spends with him, the more she realizes that the man she fell in love with years ago, still lurks beneath the arrogant, autocratic and sophisticated exterior. But can they ever have a relationship when they do not trust one another? Or will passion finally lead Cade to realize that the only man he can be happy, is by having Simone by his side as his wife?

Margaret Mayo is a terrific writer of romantic fiction who sprinkles her stories with red-hot passion, heart-tugging emotion, steamy erotic tension and dramatic sexual chemistry. In her latest release, The Billionaire’s Blackmail Bargain, she sweeps her readers off to the glamorous and exotic location of The Whitsundays, and makes them fall head over heels in love with her gorgeous Alpha hero, Cade, and her sassy, independent and feisty heroine, Simone.

A beguiling tale of business, power, pride and passion, The Billionaire’s Blackmail Bargain is another triumph for a wonderful novelist whose books never fail to entertain, enthrall and delight.