Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Thursday 25 September 2008

Mountain climbing

I’m still waiting to hear about my synopsis – doesn’t time go slowly when you’re waiting. My editor’s been in touch because I need a new contract but she hasn’t had time yet to read my ideas. And that’s all they are at this stage. I haven’t fleshed out the story. I suppose I should have been looking at it but there is always so much to catch up on when one book’s finished and the next is nothing more than an idea.

We’ve been laying down some turf , making life easier with less flower beds to weed. But we’ve also been out enjoying ourselves. One day we took the mountain railway to the top of Mount Snowdon in Wales. It was quite an adventure. It was a glorious sunny day and the views were breathtaking. We expected it to be cold but it was actually pleasantly warm – until the clouds descended. The drop in temperature was dramatic but it added another exciting dimension to the landscape. The only downside was that we hadn’t taken a camera.

On our way back down we descended into sunshine again. We really could not have picked a better day. Some people walked up, some took the railway up and walked down, and some even ran the whole way.