Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Thursday 14 October 2010

Bird feeders


To foil the pigeons who keep eating the food we put out for the smaller birds we bought a stand with three hanging feeders which are too narrow for the pigeons to perch on. The pigeons looked a bit dismayed to start with, studying it hard, trying to land on the perches, but without success. We're not being cruel you understand, we do throw stuff out for the pigeons separately, and they do eat the food that the sparrows and finches, etc, drop.




So all was well.




But - my DH was watching them the other morning and could hardly believe his eyes. A sparrow was on the perch, a pigeon below. The sparrow looked at the pigeon, picked up a seed or a nut, and deliberately dropped it down to him. Not once, but several times.




How clever is that?