Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Synopses

I don't find writing a synopsis easy. When I first started writing I used to know how my hero and heroine met, what the conflict between them was going to be, and perhaps one or two things that might happen along the way. And that's as far as it went.
Now my editor likes a synopsis of the whole story - I have a feeling she doesn't like surprises. (sorry, ed, if you're reading this) And I find it very hard to develop a full version in these early stages. How do I know what is going to happen? Characters have a mind of their own, sometimes going in way you never expect. It's part of the excitement of writing.
Does anyone else feel this way? Do you like writing synopses? Or do you prefer to let the characters write their own story along the way?