Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Tuesday 22 January 2008

It's finished!

Good news. The book is finished and winging its way to my editor at this very moment. Well within my deadline. Santo and Penny are no longer a part of my everyday life, and I’m going to miss them. And I’m going to miss writing. It’s strange how empty I feel.

Do you remember me saying that when I like my book my editor always picks it to pieces? Well, when I read this book through – and don’t forget I wrote it more quickly than usual (without constantly revising) – I really liked it. I mean, really really liked it. I needed to make hardly any alterations. So what does it mean I ask myself? Will she, won’t she? The waiting game is about to begin.

But I have all sorts of things to look forward to during the next two months. The first one being Mills & Boon’s Celebration Cocktail Party for their authors on February 7th. (In case you’ve missed it it’s their 100 year anniversary this year.) It meant a spending spree, of course, for something to wear and I found a gorgeous jade green top and a long black skirt. But then I needed something to go over it so I bought a black cape. It wasn’t what I was after but when the shop assistant suggested it and I tried it on, it completed the outfit perfectly.