Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Latest book

I’ve just received the advance copies of my September release The Billionaire’s Blackmail Bargain. It’s always a thrill to see the words that I have laboured over for a good part of three months actually in print, and I have a set routine once I’ve opened the parcel.

First of all I need to smell the book, I love the smell of new books. There’s something exciting about it. Here inside these pages is a story. Mmm, another sniff. Yes, a story I want to read and savour.

Then I study the cover wondering whether the embracing couple truly reflect my characters. In this instance, yes, I think they do. Auburn haired heroine, dark haired hero. He might look a little younger than I imagined, but he has a gorgeous naked torso which more than makes up!

Then I read the blurb on the back and this is what it says in this instance:

The arrogant billionaire and his convenient mistress

Simone Maxwell will do anything to save her family’s business; it’s her pride and her passion. But she certainly doesn’t expect her lifeline to be Cade Dupont, the man who broke her heart years ago…

Billionaire Cade knows Simone is in a vulnerable position – which is exactly where he wants her. She owes him big-time, and here is the perfect opportunity to settle his dues in the sweetest way possible…with Simone in his bed and at his command!

Read more here

Finally I’ll read the first page to check that I’ve made it tantalising enough for the reader to want to find out what’s going to happen. It’s a bit late if I haven’t achieved that objective, but it’s something I always automatically do. I think first pages are the most important part of the book. It’s the defining moment whether a reader purchases it or not.

The next event for me in this book’s life is to see it on the shelves of my local bookstore. What a proud feeling that is.