Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Tuesday 15 July 2008

What's in a name

Poor Molly and Zarek have been stuck in a time warp between getting married and their first night as man and wife. They’ve been married three days (in my time) and haven’t yet reached the bedroom door. Yesterday we repapered the walls where the old fireplace and shelving was taken out, today my daughter and baby grandson are visiting, and tomorrow we’re having a new carpet fitted. I’m trying to sneak in an hour’s writing now. But it isn’t much time for Zarek to persuade Molly that she should share his bed. She thought she was doing him a favour by marrying him and wasn’t prepared for this part of the deal.

I’m still having problems as well with Molly’s name. Sometimes if a name doesn’t suit a character the right one will jump out at me while I’m writing. It hasn’t this time which would suggest it’s the right name, yet I still have the feeling it’s too old fashioned. Maybe because I went to school with a girl named Molly and that was more years ago than I care to remember.

Does anyone have any thoughts whether Molly would suit a modern miss?