Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Saturday 30 August 2008

Holiday disaster

We had a lovely holiday in the Canary Islands with our grandson – perfect weather – perfect location – until two days before we were due to come home when our apartment was broken in to.

It’s not nice when you come back after a meal and a pleasant walk and discover that all your cupboards and drawers have been turned over. Our real valuables – like passports and money – were in a safe, but whoever broke in took a camera – with all our wonderful holidays snaps which we were going to put on DVD for our grandson to show his mum and dad – a mobile phone, a watch, sunglasses, and an e-reader (which always goes on holiday with us, it saves carrying so many books around)

It was a disappointing end to the holiday and has caused no end of a nuisance. Nevertheless it was an experience that might find its way into a book one day. Heroine’s place is broken in to, hero to the rescue, sort of thing.