Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Brick walls

Why is it that two thirds of the way through any book I write I could easily end it? I’ve spent two days writing very little, thinking a lot, getting myself twisted into knots. I’ve made copious notes, a lot of them repetitive, and I’m still not sure which path I’m going to take. I now have another 17,000 words to write and my H&H are getting too close together for comfort.

Usually my subconscious works. Not on this occasion. I feel as though I’m hitting my head against a brick wall. And it hurts!

I do have a ‘black moment’ on the horizon so maybe I should bring it forward!

When I consider how many books I have written – and that book number 75 is being published in July – you would think that I wouldn’t have such problems. So any would-be writers who are reading this, take heart. It’s not plain sailing even for experienced authors like me.