Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Plots again

You would think that after writing for all these years that I’d be able to write a synopsis easily. The truth is, I can’t. I’ve always written ‘into the mist’ and I find having to plot out the whole story beforehand is a time consuming and frustrating experience.

I keep reading about how other authors write their synopses, and Nicola Marsh’s method which she blogged about last week was excellent. As was one by Heidi Rice some time ago. So why can’t I do it?

I guess I’m more interested in writing than plotting.

Does anyone else struggle with synopses or is it just me?