Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Words

When I’m writing and I’m stuck for the right word I can’t go on until I find it. I’ve tried leaving a space but it always niggles at me and I have to fill in the gap before I can go any further. I need to write to the best of my ability at all times.

I’m not sure whether this is a failing or a good thing. It’s silly I know because it holds my work up, it stops the flow, and yet I cannot help myself. I am a perfectionist in most things and I guess this has some relationship to it.

So how about you? How do you cope when you can’t find the right word? Do you leave it until later? Does it pop into your head when you’re not thinking about it? Or do you, like me, need to find it straight away?