Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Friday 15 June 2007

heroes and weather

We’re in a middle of a thunderstorm and I’m wondering whether to turn off my computer. A couple of years ago, a thunderbolt hit a house a few doors away and blew my computer and the telephone line. Along with dozens of others in our village. Ever since then I’ve always unplugged everything if there’s a storm, or even if we go away and the forecast’s not too good.

I actually don’t mind storms. I find them exciting. It’s nature at its best. They remind me of HMB heroes. Larger than life, making itself felt in a way that only it knows.

Gosh, that was a loud clap.

When my father was alive he used to tell me that he’d been hit by lightning on two separate occasions. He was very lucky, hardly hurt at all. I think he’d sheltered under a tree (?) and it hit his bicycle clips.

Talking about weather, here’s an incident that happened many years ago when I was writing one of my books. My hero and heroine were out at sea in a little boat in the fog when my daughter phoned. (If you’ve read my bio you’ll know that I used to write at the office) She’d finished school and wanted to know if she could come to see me. ‘Don’t be silly, I said, it’s foggy.’ ‘It isn’t foggy here, Mom,’ came her answer. And when I looked out of the window the sun was shining. I was living my story! Which has to be the most fantastic feeling in the world!