Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Tuesday 12 June 2007

Poppies

We went poppy hunting at the weekend. I’ve been asked to do a poppy painting and when we saw a brilliant red field of poppies from the motorway I made the driver (my husband naturally) take the next turning off and backtrack until we found it. Lots of narrow lanes and wrong turnings!! Thank goodness he likes driving – and more especially country lanes. Many years ago (before sat nav) he’d always try to get us lost! We never could; we always came to some sign or landmark that we recognised. Anyway, I ventured into the field and took lots of photos and downloaded them on to my computer on Sunday night, finally picking out the ones I thought I could use.

When I went to bed at something past midnight (doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun?) all I could see when I closed my eyes was poppies. Millions of them. It’s something that often happens to me when I’ve been looking at a subject for a long time. The odd thing was when I began writing on Monday morning and closed my eyes to think – which incidentally I always do when I'm conjuring up a scene – what did I see on the backs of my eyelids. Still more fields of poppies!

Maybe they’ll find their way into a future book!