Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Sunday 1 July 2007

It's finished!

My book’s finished. Hurrah! Except that I still have to go through it with a fine tooth comb! Which takes time, but making sure everything comes together, that I haven’t repeated myself, that I haven’t left out any explanations, is a really enjoyable task. So I’m looking forward to it.

What terrible weather we’ve been having here in the UK at the moment. Rain, rain and more rain. We have a fish pond in our garden and we were afraid it would overflow and we’d end up with fish on the lawn and the patio! We’ve kept a close eye on things because we don’t want to lose any more. A few weeks ago a heron made a lovely meal out of five of our biggest koi. We have an artificial heron as a decoy but we forgot to move it around and so the heron thief got used to it. So in a way it was our own fault.

Here am I talking about losing fish when hundreds of people have lost their homes to the terrible flood waters. My heart goes out to every one of them. It must be heartbreaking to lose your personal possessions in such a way. I don’t think I could cope. I hope I never have to. Do you know what I’ve always thought I'd do if I ever had to leave my house in a hurry because of fire or flood or whatever? That I’d snatch up my latest manuscript. (not a paper version but my faithful memory stick). I can’t bear the thought of losing all those hours and hours of work.