Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Friday 6 July 2007

It's finished

Good news! My Australian book, temporarily called Cade's Revenge, has been sent off to my editor. I've been working on it for five months would you believe? The longest ever. I had so many problems with it. But now all I have to do is sit back and wait!

Sit back? Not likely! My office needs a thorough spring clean. I accumulate so much stuff when I'm writing, a lot of which I never use but it's there just in case, that I can't see my desk for papers. Cuttings from newspapers, endless printed versions of the current book because it always reads differently on paper, bills ready to file, magazines with gorgeous men in them! Women too! The list goes on.

I also need to spend time with my husband. Whenever I've finished a book he always says, 'Welcome back!' So we'll be going out days and doing all the things together that get pushed to one side when I'm writing.

And don't mention the garden. It's so overgrown. If the rains don't stop soon it will be like a jungle before I can get into it. (It's close to that way already) I love my garden and usually find time for it. (I'll say this quietly so that my DH won't hear - he can't tell weeds from plants - at least that's his excuse!) I write two books a year, each normally taking about three months to write, so that gives me six months free. Or so you would think.

But you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men....