Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Wednesday 18 November 2009

Harrumphing

Has anyone ever used the word harrumphing? I typed it today and then wondered whether anyone would know what it meant. I guess it's a very old word because I can't find it in any of my dictionaries and yet my spell checker didn't pick up on it. I've changed it now to snorted. But it got me thinking about how words have gone out of fashion. My grandson is always coming up with words that I have never heard. And I remember the first time my son called a girl fit. I thought he meant physically fit - until he explained.
Oh, well. Back to the writing. I'm on a roll at the moment. (which doesn't happen often I can assure you)