Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Monday 16 November 2009

Speed writing

Over the weekend I read Nicola Marsh’s blog about Sprinting. Sprinting with regard to writing. A fifteen minute writing sprint without stopping. It apparently increases your output so I thought I would give it a try this morning. But did it work? Not really. Before five minutes was up I’d stopped to read back through what I’d written. I guess it’s not in me to keep going. I need the reassurance that what has gone before is OK. I can’t seem to carry on if I don’t perfect as I go along. When I do have sprints, albeit mini ones, it’s because I know exactly where I’m going. At all other times I feel my way – every inch of it, every word, every sentence. How about you, are you a sprinter or a plodder?

Oh, and by the way, despite not sprinting I managed just over 3000 words today.