Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Sunday 20 September 2009

Celebrations

I’m back from four days in London, exhausted but happy. I seem to have done nothing but eat and talk – though I did a lot of walking as well and amazingly when I weighed myself this morning I’d lost a couple of pounds. I definitely need to keep up the walking!!!

DH came with me but he did his own thing while I sat through three very wonderful meals. The first night ten of us had dinner in the hotel, which was Victorian built and full of elegant splendour. The wine flowed and most stayed up until one thirty chatting – but I had a man in my room! – so I left about 11.30.

The next day was the annual AMBA luncheon (The Association of Mills & Boon Authors) where again it was excellent food in a very atmospheric setting, (thankyou Michelle and Sharon for organising it). Which was followed by a champagne toast to the authors where Karin Stoecker presented me with a very beautiful silver Tiffany key chain in recognition of my 75th book.

And on Friday, Karin took me out for another celebratory lunch in Richmond with my editor Meg and my previous editor Emily (who still edits some of my books) We went to an Italian restaurant and the food was superb. I left feeling like a queen. It was a wonderful few days.

To top it off DH and I went to see Dirty Dancing at the Aldwych Theatre on Friday evening. A superb show which followed very closely the theme of the film. I loved Patrick Swayze in the film – such a shame he is no longer with us. He was a fine actor.

And that’s it. It’s now back to reality. To fighting with a book that is refusing to be written.