Welcome

I'm so glad you've found my blog! This is where I share what's going in my life, and where you'll usually find the most up-to-date information on my latest releases. For more detailed information on my books, check out my backlist. And be sure to check out my contest page so you don't miss out!

Margaret

seperator

Sunday 30 January 2011

Midnight jottings

A funny thing happened to me last week. Funny ha ha, not funny peculiar.



I've mentioned before that I always keep a notepad and pen by my bed. Well, one night a piece of conversation came into my head and I knew I had to write it down. I always write in the dark for fear of waking my DH. I line my thumb up on the side of the pad and move it down as I write so that I know where each row starts. It's never let me down. The rows might be a bit crooked but I don't overwrite anything.



That night it didn't work. But not in the way you might think.



My pen ran out! I had the first line very clear, the second faded a little and by the third and fourth I could read nothing. I hadn't even pressed on hard enough for an imprint.



And I can't remember what I wrote!



The moral to the story is - always use a pencil.